How to Make Feta Dressing
Feta dressing is quick and easy to make. It also goes perfectly with some fresh carrots or broccoli in place of a buttermilk dressing! One of my favorite things about this recipe is its cool and subtle tanginess. I could eat it on so many things! (But then again, I really enjoy feta cheese). I make a few substitutions so it’s a little easier on those with sensitive tummies. Keep reading for more information on my homemade feta dressing!
Ingredients Needed for Feta Dressing
As I mentioned earlier, I made a few substitutions. If you’re wondering what I replaced, it was mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk. Three things I have to absolutely crave the influential taste of before I’ll cook with them. So, I am happy to inform you that you can replace the milk with seasoned almond milk. I like to use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk for recipes. You may replace mayonnaise and sour cream with both ricotta cheese and Greek yogurt interchangeably.
To impress party guests with a wonderful, creamy feta dressing, we need:
- feta cheese
- ricotta cheese
- almond milk (with apple cider vinegar for a buttermilk effect)
- Greek yogurt
- white wine vinegar
- chopped dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
You don’t even have to stick to serving it with salad or vegetables. You could find another ingredient it tastes great with and serve it instead!
Preparing Feta Dressing
Make sure the cheese is not cold and that it is close to room temperature before you begin. It will make the process of making it a creamy dressing a lot easier.
- Press the feta and ricotta cheeses into the seasoned almond milk until you are happy with the creaminess. Add more milk if it looks a little too much like cottage cheese for your liking.
- Add the yogurt, vinegar, garlic, dill, salt and pepper to the cheese.
- Press everything together and stir until blended to your taste.
- Let it cool off for a few hours in the fridge before you enjoy it, to let it all settle together for a super great taste!
After it’s been chilled, pour the feta dressing over a nice spinach salad topped with some black olives. Or, perhaps, serve it on top of your cucumber-tomato salad at a cook-out! No matter how you decide to enjoy it, do exactly that — enjoy it! I think I’ve found my new favorite summertime dressing!