Make Ahead Desserts for the Spring Season
I’m interested in learning some delicious make ahead desserts today. I figure, if I’m going to be making something in advance, I might as well use seasonal items to make it more impressive! I know a lot of spring babies, so some of these make-ahead desserts would be perfect to bring to a party!
Strawberries (unless you’re allergic) are some of the most wonderful creations in the world. They’re also fresh and ready to eat towards the end of April, so get ready, folks! The floods of strawberry shortcakes are about to start rolling in. (Not that it’s a bad thing!)
Now, I’m not going to be listing any personal recipes for this one. Unless you want to count fresh strawberries drizzled with local honey and sugar, dipped in whipped cream or whipped cream cheese. I’ve never searched for a recipe for that (though I’m sure there is one), but I’ve been whipping up that concoction for quite some time. It is so good! I crave honey-drizzled strawberries more often than chocolate-dipped ones!
I will, however, link you to these recipes for your enjoyment. There, I was able to find some make-ahead desserts that would be aesthetically pleasing as well as different from our everyday fried pies and such down here in the South. I’ve not attempted any of these yet but fully intend on creating a few, discussed below.
Surprise Everyone With Make Ahead Desserts Like These:
I have alphabetized the list for my own happiness. They do appear in a different order on the website with their recipes. I just liked the idea of grouping things together by ingredient and name.
Rhubarb is also a spring plant and is often used in cooking, including making desserts. But, please! Use extreme caution if you have never tried cooking with rhubarb before! Stay away from the leaves! Learn everything you need to know about rhubarb preparation safety here.
- Almond-Cornmeal Strawberry Shortcakes. As someone who outgrew the fondness of standard strawberry shortcakes, I’m highly intrigued by this recipe and intend on making it myself.
- Chiffon Cake with Strawberries & Cream.
- Lemon Curd-Pistachio Sundaes. I’ve not tried pistachio cream yet, I should definitely change that.
- Lemon-Ginger Cookies with Mint. I love ginger cookies, so I can imagine how delicious these would be!
- Lemon Tartlets with Meringue Caps. Lemon-meringue lovers should love this one!
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Galettes (individual tarts). The picture alone made my mouth water!
- Orange-Poppy Seed Cupcakes with Buttercream Poppies. Cute name with a seemingly delicious combination of ingredients.
- Pavlova with Rhubarb and Pistachios (meringue-based dessert). This. This one right here. I’m pretty sure it’s a requirement that I try this. I’d never heard of it before, but it looks amazing!
- Poached Rhubarb with Elderflower Sabayon (a French name for an airy, slightly alcoholic Italian custard [Zabaione]). This one has a little happy cooking juice and I’d love to try it!
- Potted Chocolate-Mint Puddings. They look adorable and extremely edible.
- Rhubarb Buckle (cake squares).
- Rhubarb Custard Pie.
- Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake. Put a spring twist on the generally-loved upside-down cake!
- Rose-and-Ginger Cupcakes. Weird? Looks and sounds great according to the recipe!
- Strawberry-Pistachio Tart. Um, YUM?! This is another must-try-to-make for me.
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Sundaes. Interesting enough!
- Waffle-and-Strawberry Trifle. I don’t even have to know what it is to know waffle-and-strawberry anything is yummy!
Good luck finding the perfect set of springtime make-ahead desserts and recipes!