How Do I Make Smoked Salmon Salad?
Are you interested in making a smoked salmon salad? They’re incredibly healthy and delicious! Especially with spinach as the salad base.
It costs a little extra, but you can buy relatively fresh, ready-to-eat smoked salmon in stores. You may also choose to smoke salmon yourself if you have the tools and time! I may have to try out smoking salmon on my own someday.
This particular recipe calls for ready-to-eat smoked salmon to keep things easy and quick.
Smoked Salmon Salad Ingredients (for One)
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Up to 1 tsp dill
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Baby spinach
- Sliced cucumber (Persian or English would add amazing flavor)
- 1 sliced radish
- Up to 2oz smoked salmon, cut into very thin slices
- 1 small bowl
- Salad plate
I already have most of those things on standby! I’d need salmon, radish, and cucumber, though. I meant to remind you, alter the leaves and ingredients as you wish, except for the smoked salmon and some type of salad green!
Combining the Ingredients into a Salad
For my exact salad, the steps are to:
- Grab a mixing bowl.
- Stir the oil, seasonings, and juice together to make a dressing.
- Set the spinach on the salad plate.**
- Set the smoked salmon on top of the spinach.**
- Surround the salmon with the cucumber and radish slices.**
- Dress the salad.**
- (optional) sprinkle goat or feta cheese on top.
**these are mandatory, but optional in terms of method. Different alternatives for serving are:
- Mixing the spinach and cucumber & radish slices with the dressing and adding salmon as a garnish.
- Mixing the smoked salmon in with all of the above and serving as a wet salad.
It’s all up to you and your soon-to-be happy tastebuds! After having eaten half my salad, I’m likely to add a little more dressing. I flip flop between liking my leaves dry or soggy with dressing so I tend to start semi-dry.
Hope you enjoy your smoked salmon salad!